Freehold Art Society
The Freehold Art Society is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization
that exists to further appreciation of the visual arts in Western Monmouth County. It provides a meeting place where members can enjoy demonstrations of various artists' techniques and presentations on art-related subjects.

The Freehold Art Society arranges exhibits at various venues throughout Western Monmouth County in which artists, members and non-members alike, are able to display their work. Periodically, workshops are held at which members may benefit from the instruction of area artists.

Formed in 1960 by Wini Smart and Reverend Robert Oberkehr, the Freehold Art Society affords equal opportunity to all members, amateur as well as professional artists, to exhibit their work. All exhibits sponsored by the Freehold Art Society are non-juried entry, based on a first-come, first-accepted premise. Once the show has completed receiving, 75% of the exhibits are judged and awards presented. The remaining 25% are exhibits only, with no judging.

Those who join the Freehold Art Society find enjoyment in the visual arts whether they are students, artists, or patrons.

Meetings are open to the public and are held in the Monmouth County Library Headquarters’, 125 Symmes Drive, Manalapan or at the Brookdale Community College Western Monmouth Branch, Rt. 9 Freehold.

Membership dues are $20.00 per year for adults, $10.00 per year for students 18 years old and under, and $25.00 per year for two adults at the same address. Membership in the Freehold Art Society entitles members to receive Newsletters mailed out throughout the year loaded with useful information on upcoming events presented by the Freehold Art Society, as well as events staged by other area and regional groups; semi-annual Calendars of Events; entry in members' only exhibits during the year; reduced fees to enter other Freehold Art Society exhibitions;  and discounts at area art supply retailers.
Current News   Newsletter   Winners   Join    Online Artist     Artists' Links      Gallery
P.O Box 6993
Freehold, NJ 07728


732-938-6415
Sign InView Entries
This page was last updated: July 25, 2013
email me